Sunday, March 21, 2010

Healthy America!!!

Daniel and I cheer today for the people of America. We now have health care!!! People can no longer be denied for pre-existing conditions, dropped for getting sick (don't we keep insurance in case we get sick?), and more women will be covered (women are grossly under-covered now).

Mind you, Daniel and I already have health care. I have fantastic insurance, Dan's is OK (we can't afford to have him on mine). My wish is that everyone has my coverage. However, as we all know, working does not equal coverage.

I've worked other jobs, full-time, 40 hours a week, and was given no option for coverage. Also, in college I did not have coverage. Now, adults can keep their kids under their coverage until they turn 26. That gives kids enough time to graduate and find a stable job.

I watched coverage of the debate all day on C-Span (it's one of our "bonus" channels now that we have only 13 channels). Dan came home for dinner and afterward, we watched it some more. We talked about how we fell upon an Obama speech in New Hampshire...
From New Hampshire Trip

From New Hampshire Trip


Picking apples after...
From New Hampshire Trip


At the Obama speech...
From New Hampshire Trip

Good job America!

1 comment:

Charlene said...

I aggree and love your blogs. Yea for health and yea for Obama