Saturday, March 20, 2010

Mozzarella Cheese Sticks

I decided to venture into the gluten free cooking world today. After a month of gluten free, I missed some old favorites, namely, mozzarella cheese sticks. So I whipped up a batch today.

I cut some mozzarella into sticks. Then I used a gluten free flour mix to coat them. I dredged them in an egg and milk mixture and finished them off with gluten free breadcrumbs mixed with seasoning. Here they are before going into the freezer.
From 2010-03-15


I put them in the freezer for an hour to make sure the cheese wouldn't just ooze out of them when I fried them. I fried them on the stove in some canola oil. It only takes about 30 seconds per side (at about 350 degrees). Deep fried goodness...
From 2010-03-15

Crunchy yet gooey...
From 2010-03-15


The last picture is blurry because the steam from the mozzarella stick kept fogging up my camera lense. However, blurr aside, you can see the delicious, melty cheese. Yum.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Those look even better than the cheese sticks at Claim Jumper! Yum!

Ulbins said...

I have never gone to Claim Jumper. But Jaimie has told me great things about that place! As for my mozzarella sticks, even Dan approved.