Friday, April 30, 2010

This little pig...

Went to market! The Vancouver Farmers Market!

We've been going for a couple of years now. It's very small, but we like it that way. They have both local vendors, as well as vendors/farmers from the east side of the state. They have flowers, produce, arts, jewelry, bake goods, live music, etc...

We always get a bouquet for the apartment. They sell from $5 to $15. We usually go for mid-range bouquet (seven bucks).
From 2010-04-30


I got some fresh parsley for 50 cents. I used it to make some beef pho (Vietnamese rice noodle soup). It's usually made with cilantro, which I hate. I added leeks (from the market), fresh lime juice and jalepenos. It was delicious! Dan ate it and said, "I like leeks!" Mind you, he hates any form of onion. It was my first time using leeks. They really are mild.
From 2010-04-30


I am joyfully gluten free (most of the time joyful, all the time gluten free). Dan is joyfully gluten free (all the time joyful, most of the time gluten free). He does splurge on a few gluten items, including an organic cinnamon roll at the market... he says the ones I used to make taste better :0)
From 2010-04-30


We came home from the farmers market and cleaned of the deck. Some of our herbs weathered the winter including the pineapple mint, rosemary, sage, thyme, and spicy oregano.
From 2010-04-30


Happy Spring!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love this time of year! I can't wait until our garden starts to grow. Have fun!