Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Date Night

Last night Susan and I went to Ikea to pick up a few things, and on the way home we decided to rent a movie. At Fred Meyer's they have a vending machine feature called MovieCube that lets you rent movies for $1 a night. We had never tried this, but had talked about it before and thought it would be fun to try out. It's much better than paying $5 or $6 at Blockbuster and having it for 5 more days than we need it. The movie that we chose was "Step Brothers," with Will Ferrell.

From Ulbin I & Ulbin II


From there, we went to Trader Joe's to pick up some pizza dough. They didn't have the plain dough, but Susan wanted to be adventurous and try the Garlic & Herb flavor they had. We have a pizza stone that we use a lot when we get Papa Murphy's, and Susan has made homemade pizza before, but this was the first time that we've done this together. Susan made hers first and covered it with peppers and mushrooms, along with some pineapple.

From Ulbin I & Ulbin II



From Ulbin I & Ulbin II

After Susan cooked hers I started putting mine together with some hamburger that Susan had already cooked up. I was having some problems rolling the dough in an even circle, and after I started putting the sauce on I decided to turn my pizza into a calzone.

From Ulbin I & Ulbin II


From Ulbin I & Ulbin II


Both turned out great, and it's something that we'll definitely do again. We had a great evening and it cost us less than $3, plus the ingredients that we already had at home.

3 comments:

Liomins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liomins said...

I removed my post cuz I spelled Ulbin wrong.. so .... what I said was... I saw a dvd vending machine at top foods the other day and was intrigued. I heard Step Brothers was hilarious (from a group of teens of course)... good call HAPPY NEW YEAR... love you...

Laura said...

they have a Red Box at QFC right down the road from us (same $1 per movie per night concept out of a vending machine) and we've used it quite a few times. Super cheap!... Love it. Pizza sounds yummy! ... very creative with the calazone creation Dan. =)