Sunday, December 21, 2008

First Day of Winter

Happy first day of winter everyone. The snow has made way for ice. Below you'll find some pictures from this morning. Boston Dan was quoted as saying it was "the worst" he's ever seen (that he can remember).

We worked together to scrape off his car so he could get to work today. Luckily he only has to drive a few blocks, because our parking lot is like an ice rink. Some of the ice from the car was laying on a bed of snow, and it came right off. Some of it was stuck directly on the car, and that was a bit of a bug-a-boo to get off. I scraped off the stairs on the apartment (I'm such a good neighbor), and now I'm back in the cave... I mean apartment. It's not supposed to get above freezing today, and we are supposed to get more freezing rain. Currently it's 23 degrees and it's 10 AM.

I plan to scrapbook Christmas photos that I pirated from all of you. Keep me updated on your weather with pictures and messages!

Here is a plant on our balcony:
From December 2008 Snow


A layer of ice on our balcony:
From December 2008 Snow


Here I am holding a chunk of ice from the Toyota. We are going to use it as a mold to make a chocolate echo. PS... this wasn't the biggest piece of ice from our cars:
From December 2008 Snow

3 comments:

Patti said...

It's times like this that I'm so happy to have a garage for the cars - one empty enough that the cars actually sleep there when they are home LOL! Sure glad Dan doesn't have to drive far. I have a doctor app't near Synnyside hospital tomorrow morning at 8:30 a.m. We have no chains. What are the odds that I'll make it there? Fred says that the latest weather report says we aren't getting above freezing after all by tonight

Hope we'll see you on Tuesday!

Laura said...

You're brave to even go outside.... me... I'm in my cozy clothes hangin' out on the couch today. =)

lauraslifetoday said...

I'll have to email you my pic's from Spokane before I left. 24 inches in 36 hours! It was a little crazy!! Anyways, I'm in Monte until the 27th. I'd love to get together if you're coming up at all...