Monday, December 22, 2008

Dan's getting chains

We woke up this morning to find that we are still getting snow. I looked out the window first thing after waking up and Dan said, "How's my car look?" I said, "Which one is your car?" He said, "WHAT?!? Mine is the clear one. I just drove it home at 7 last night and it was clear!" I let him know that it had a couple inches covering it, and the snow is still coming down.

That was enough for him to decide to get chains today. He woke up early to call Les Schwab, but all of their phone lines are busy. So he just went out in the snow to see if he could get some chains in person. Here are a few shots of him clearing off the car.

From December 2008 Snow

The car behind his was also cleared off late last night.

From December 2008 Snow

I just noticed he doesn't have gloves!

From December 2008 Snow

Good luck finding the road. It's all white down here.

From December 2008 Snow

The Saturn is all ready to make the 5 minute trip to Les Schwab. Judging by our conditions, it will be a 20 minute trip.

Update: Dan said that there is already a 25 person line there, and they haven't been open for even 30 minutes yet! Hopefully they don't run out of chains (or Dan doesn't run out of time before he has to go to work).

UPDATE: No chains. Dan has a very popular size. I might hurt him (as I've been begging him to get chains for a week). If I get stuck in the apartment for Christmas, I will be very sad.

Update part III: Dan got chains in his hand after searching for 2 hours. He texted me while he was in line (30 people back) and said he hoped they were the right size. I looked them up online only to find out that you are NOT SUPPOSED TO USE CHAINS WITH SATURNS! All of the stress for nothing! He was late for work, so he took off, but now we have to decided weather to get chains for my Echo tomorrow, or weather to just stay home for Christmas.

1 comment:

Charlene said...

wow for car and snow, wow for no chains. Hope you can make it out of your apt. The main roads are clear thank goodness. The next thing that will happen is ice and floods.