Sunday, September 7, 2008

Summer is still here


Summer is still here! The weather has been nice and I've been trying to enjoy. Dan and I are both trying to get in better shape, so went for a walk with a couple of wonderful co-workers on Friday. We plan to work out at school a couple of days a week.


We are also trying to eat healthier. We tried something new. Boca brand (vegetarian) breakfast sausage links. Pretty good. They were especially nice chopped up in our eggbeaters today (better that way, then just eating them by themselves).


Dan is getting home from work soon and I just got done making dinner. Weather was so nice that I decided to grill up some chicken. I marinated it with some of my fresh basil and spicy oregano (amongst other things like lime juice, oil, garlic...). To be honest, it needed a little more salt, but you can't tell that by the beautiful picture!
I hope you all are having a great continuation of your summer!

5 comments:

Liomins said...

I still can't get up the courage to go tofuti... I am in the same boat. Need exercise, need healthier food. ugh.

Laura said...

I tried the "suasage" patties from morning star and thought they were pretty good. But after Brandon tried them (when he found out what they were) he immediatley claimed he had an awful stomache ache. Ugh! What a baby. Hard to eat healthy when your hubbies favorite meal is anything with meat and potatoes. =)
There are these english muffins called double fiber that are actually really good (1 point on WW) and I'll have one of those with a little egg beater scramble (peppers/onions)on it. Yum!
I'm loving the nice return of summer we've had lately too. But to be honest I'm also excited for the fall.

Brandon said...

To correct my wife....i mentioned my stomach wasn't feeling right...then after a little while she asked me what I thought about them...and I mentioned that they were...soso..that is when she told me! That is when I told her the truth. I didn't wan't to tell her I didn't like it.

lauraslifetoday said...

I'll stick to the real thing...but I commend your bravery! And yes, THANK GOD summer is still here...34 weeks left or something like that.

Patti said...

Here I am - at your blog and commenting! I'm now caught up on the doings you don't tell us about when we see you on Thursday dinner night LOL!

I tried the Boca sausages - ate one and fed all the rest to Shadow. That was several years ago and haven't tried them since!

See you on Thursday!