Monday, January 26, 2009

Pizza Night...Again

This time I made my crust from scratch. It was very easy. I used a recipe from www.recipepizza.com I used the thin crust recipe, but I added a little oil and an extra handful of flour to compensate. The pizza crust was VERY easy and quick. The main part had a good texture. Thin and crispy crust with a little bit of dough on top. The outer crust was bland and a little too crispy. Overall, I would make it again, but I'll continue to look for a better recipe. One thing I like is that it called for very few ingredients and in small amounts.

From Pizza night

It was a taco pizza because we had leftover taco toppings but no leftover tortillas. You can see from the picture above that a little lip of the pizza crust got messed up when I slid it into the oven. I used a hot pizza stone (500*) and used cornmeal on the bottom to make sure it slid off the baking sheet onto the stone.

From Pizza night

Now that is a perfect picture of a perfectly crisped crust if I do say so myself.

From Pizza night

I used some leftover pizza sauce with some salsa mixed in. I blended them together (Dan doesn't like chunks). I added a little mexican seasoning I have from world market and a few dashes of hot sauce. I topped it with leftover taco meat, tillamook cheddar, and some lettuce and spinach when it was out of the oven.

It would have been great with tomatoes and avocados, but alas, I was out of both. Leftovers should make quite a tasty breakfast.

4 comments:

Jaimie, Dale and Jackson said...

Funny you never make it for us when you come here!

Well not funny really, looks good.

Jaimie, Dale and Jackson said...

Funny that comments keep popping up from us with no knowledge from the actual blog author (Jaimie). I do agree of course. :)

Patti said...

Oh yum, yum! Unfortunately it definitely looks like a bunch of WW points. Hope to see you at Applebee's on Thursday. We've not seen Geryl for a LONG time.

Anonymous said...

its been pizza night for a month. are you getting lazy and not blogging anymore???