Saturday, January 17, 2009

Classroom Update

I spent the day re-organizing my classroom. My classroom library has been bothering me for quite some time. I wanted the books easy to see, use and organize for the kids. They were crammed into a small space in the back.

I decided to move them to the front of the classroom, which was spaced that that was not utilized very well.

I got smaller book bins from the dollar store, but more of them, as kids don't really look past 2 or 3 books in a bin. I used milk crates from Big Lots and some wood boards from LOWES (shout out to Dan). It is now organized and beautiful. It feels good to come into the room now.

7 comments:

Charlene said...

must be hormones again, the mother homing thing. beautiful makes you feel refreshed dosn't it. Good job. I need to do that too but never know where to begin.

Patti said...

I'll say it's organized and beautiful - well done! I sure hope it's the nesting thing happening because of what's happening inside you.

Laura said...

Looks awesome! What a great teacher you are!

Brandon said...

Carter would love you as a teacher...though in this case...he wouldn't be looking and listening at you...dust drooling at the books in the buckets!

Ulbins said...

Thanks Brandon. Dr. Seuss has his own basket, and it's on the floor, so it's at Carter's level!

lauraslifetoday said...

Love the new blog background!! I agree with Char in that you must be nesting...I love seeing your classroom though. I guess all those years of playing school paid off for you! I'm sure your kids love you...and BTW, you HAVE to get a Facebook account, I just found Jeff Kitselman on there. Weird!!

Smith Family said...

Hey Susan!! Great to "see you". Your classroom looks so nice. What grade do you teach? Where do you teach? We have to catch up! I agree with Laura that you need Facebook =)...