Saturday, October 25, 2008

Carving pumpkins

Dan and I had date night last night. We turned on a scary movie (which was more weird then scary, but it was free "on demand" so we can't really complain), and carved up a couple of pumpkins. We purchased ghost pumpkins this year, which are white with an orange flesh. They look wonderful when lit up. As you can tell by the pictures, we used carving kits. It was Dan's first time using one. I swear by them ever since someone introduced me to them about 14 years ago.

Here is Dan's pumpkin:
From Halloween2008

He was going to do a spider, but it was too hard to trace on his pumpkin.

Here is my pumpkin:
From Halloween2008

Two creepy dolls holding hands.

And here they are together:
From Halloween2008


Oh yes... we also toasted up the seeds with butter and worcestershire sauce (plus some garlic salt). YUM!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

3 comments:

Brandon said...

I thought I have seen all of the designs....pirates, witches, werewolfs, various pumpkin smils....but I have never seen any dolls before. This is great!

Laura said...

Love them! I have a bowl full of pumpkin seeds from our party last night I have to go figure out what to do with. I was just about to go look for recipes on line... yum! I like the creepy dolls.

Patti said...

Love, love, love these! It's been years since I carved a pumpkin - not since the kids were really little. Aned then they were the regular triangle eyes and nose and toothy mouth. I never was brave enough to try anything else.